Monday, October 26, 2009

Where The Wild Things Are

This movie was great. Sure the idea of taking a short children's book and expanding it into a feature film isn't exacty new(How The Grinch Stole Christmas, The Cat In The Hat), but who knew that this would actually be good?

The main reason I love this movie is because I see A LOT of childhood attitudes I had as a kid in Max and the Wild Things. Meaning the characters acted how I did as a kid to a T. In one scene, Max and the Wild Things are playing War with dirt clods. Alexander (the goat-like thing) gets hit and says, "That's cheating, I'm not playing anymore." This line completely expresses my feelings when we played Tag in Elemtary School. Me being a "fast-but-not-for-long" kind of runner, I got tagged frequently, and I hated being tagged(y'know, exaustion, feeling like your lung's gonna explode).

I also love how the movie plays off the whole sailing to a different island thing as if it was or wasn't his imagination. I did have a slight, miniscule problem with the camera at times but I might as well get used to it since a lot of films these days are using this style(District 9)

To put it shortly, I fucking loved this movie.




Has anyone made THIS joke yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment