Saturday, March 6, 2010

Digimon The Movie

I remember watching this in the theater when it came out and this is the first time I've watched it since, and I don't mind saying, it's a delightful, nostalgic, piece of shit.

If you don't know what Digimon (Digital Monster) is, it's basically Pokémon crossed with Tron. If you want to know the details than look it up.

The film itself is really just 3 short stories connected together with the use of a character called Willis. I could tell you about each part, but screw it, it really is only for people who watched Digimon growing up.

I do remember watching the show but I don't really remember a lot of the main details. Really the only enjoyment I had from this movie was laughing at the ridiculousness of it along with a sprinkling of nostalgia. The artwork looks as if it was done by Hayao Miyazaki, if his budget was cut, and he was high, but it still looks cool. This being the Americanized version, the music is mostly stuff by the popular-but-cheap bands at the time, so they have bands like Barenaked Ladies, Smashmouth, and so on. Good selection though.

I personally found it pretty enjoyable. Recommended only to Digifans.

No comments:

Post a Comment