Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The King's Speech

Last Sunday, I saw a movie I will never forget. You've probably heard of it, it's based on a true story and nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards. I was really affected on a high enough emotional level that I just can't wait for this to come out on DVD.

But enough about 127 Hours, let's talk about King's Speech.

The King's Speech has been nominated for 12 (I think) Academy Awards, and to be quite honest, I'm not sure why.

The film, based on King George VI's speech therapy classes, isn't at all bad, it's just not great. Sure, the actors do a good job and it has it's moments, but Oscar worthy? No.


Also, why is this nominated for Best Original Screenplay? Sure it isn't based on a book but it's still BASED on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment