Saturday, February 11, 2012

Shuffle Tag (just for kicks)

I've been seeing this tag/meme/thing going around where people set their music players to "shuffle" and write down the first 20 songs, because "you can tell a lot about a person from the music they listen too".

So why the Hell not? I've got 375 songs on here (as of now) let's try this.




1. "Raise Your Glass" by P!nk

Well, that's a weird start. Honestly, I like quite a few current pop hits. My musical turn-on is soaring melodies. Any kind of melody that is uplifting to make your troubles fall away. As inane as the verses are, you can't beat that chorus.

2. "Over My Head (Cable Car)" by The Fray

So far, the shuffle is choosing artists that have ONE song on my iPod. I feel so relaxed when I listen to this song. So much so that I barely even know what it's about.

3. "Static" by The OverUnder

Finally, something obscure up in this. I love this group. They remind me so much of the bands that my brothers listened to when they were in high school. Think New Found Glory meets Dashboard Confessional.

4. "Little Lion Man" by Mumford & Sons

The only song I have of these guys. I like the style. Sort of a modern folk vibe going on.

5. "Miss Delaney" by Jack's Mannequin

Another obscure one. So awesome. I heard of this band from my brother, who heard them from a remix on the soundtrack of Snakes on a Plane. Yes, really.

6. "The Real World" by Owl City

I was wondering when Owl City would show up. I basically have every Adam Young song on my iPod, including the Sky Sailing album. Love this guy.

7. "Stay With Me" by Breathe Electric

THIS SONG KICKS ASS!!! Fell in love with it within the first 5 seconds.

8. "Heroes of Our Time" by Dragonforce

I also have every Dragonforce song on my iPod. Such a great song. I call this sub-genre Fantasy Metal. I also recommend Nightwish and Edguy.

9. "Don't Stop Believin'" by The Glee Cast

Well, this is embarrassing. With the minor exception of Cory Monteith, the cast members have really good voices, and the covers are very top notch. This song one was especially touching in context of the show. When it comes to niche cover groups, I'll take Glee over Kidz Bop any day.

10. "Romantic Flight" by John Powell, How to Train Your Dragon

After I saw How to Train Your Dragon, I bought the soundtrack off of iTunes. It is honestly my favorite film score EVER.

11. "Princess Luna's Lullaby (Aftermath)" by Not A Clever Pony

Eeyup. The fan music community of FiM is phenomenal.

12. "Find A Pet (Candy Mix)" Foogoz

Ditto. I love the sugar-high this song evokes.

13. "Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles

Gotta have some '80s classics.

14. "January 28, 1986" by Owl City

I wanna have Adam Young's adopted babies. This coupled with Galaxies is just genius.

15. "Tetris - Type A, B, C, DX" by Entertainment System

A pretty cool video game cover band.

16. "Bruised" by Jack's Mannequin

This was the song remixed for Snakes on a Plane. Their songs are so fast-temboed and yet so depressing. I'll still take this over the slow, dreary sort of emo fair.

17. "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" by Blue Öyster Cult

Pierce the Veil did a really cool cover to this. When I saw a Youtube video of the cover, literally EVERY SINGLE COMMENT was "needs more cowbell". FYI, the cowbell thing is starting to get really annoying.

18. "Love Drunk" by Boys Like Girls

How can a break-up song be this full of energy? I dunno, but it rocks.

19. "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Breathe Electric

A really good cover. I feel as if my iPod was trolling me.

20. "Recognize" by The OverUnder

And we close with this little gem. I just adore this song. The lyrics contribute to the mood set by the music so well, it's heartbreaking. It may be too emo for some, but screw them. It's one of my favorites.

1 comment: