Thursday, December 12, 2013

Videos and Youtube Problems

Recently, I have been hearing about certain problems with Youtube. Namely lots of content creators getting their videos flagged with copyright claims. Let's Players like PewDiePie or reviewers like Angry Joe, a lot of people getting slapped with copyright claims. I have also been slapped with these things as well, mostly on certain MLP episodes. Honestly, I'm too afraid/lazy to dispute this nonsense.

The damnedest thing about this is that these aren't people watching and then claiming these things. It's bots. It's an automatic system, which would be why some of my old MLP videos get flagged and others don't.

I don't really know what to do about this. I could just have Youtube as the place where I put my vlogs, but the problem is that Youtube is still so widely used that it's still the best to place to have content be seen. A lot of people who do video reviews now started out there, and that is the best place to get together an audience, mostly because there aren't that many other places on the internet for this sort of thing. The whole earning money thing would be nice, that is, if I continue.

That's another thing.



I have started writing a script for a holiday review, and it does look like there's a considerable amount of progress on it. Considering how fast time is to me, I may need to bust my ass like I do every year so I can get it up by Christmas.

Jesus, I've only made one review this year...

I mean, I guess that's understandable. Germany kind of did a number on me. And coming back from that involved also trying to get my post-high school life started by getting a job and going to college (well, community college). And a lot of the people I watched for a long time got started after they had graduated from college. Hell, Spoony and Moviebob lived with their families for many years before getting homes of their own. They (respectively) moved out while they were doing what they do now, so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about this sort of thing.

Then again, some of these reviewers actually have a consistent flow of content.

My girlfriend had told me a few times about how she had to take a break for a few months from playing piano, and that when she came back to it she fell in love with it again. And I wonder if that same thing is happening with me and editing. Just in that awkward phase where I feel burned out on it.

But the thing is, it's not just editing. There are so many things that I decide to just let fall off my radar. So many things I like. So many shows that I started watching and then stopped. So many story ideas that just fade away. So much time that could be spent on practicing piano or drawing or reading or actually writing wasted by my own laziness. Or hell, maybe it wasn't my laziness. Maybe it's just another form of me trying to think, or something.

For the reviews, I was so apathetic that I didn't want to do the story bits anymore. But then talking with my brother about this stuff while on vacation kind of helped things out.

But now I wonder what else this could be. It's not frustration anymore. I thought it was, but now I just feel...lost?

Like, even if I continue doing this, what the hell would I do? Review random movies? Review random episodes of TV shows? How would I review them? Watching The Spoony Experiment or Brows Held High just makes me feel so inadequate. Like, all I can think of to do in my videos feels like the bare basics.

And it's like, I'm not sure what I feel like doing. I know I should do something, but nothing is sticking. I don't feel like watching the movies or shows I have. I don't feel like reading the books I have. I don't feel like writing. I don't feel like drawing. I don't feel like editing. I don't feel like creating.

I don't feel like anything.

1 comment:

  1. It's strange....because of the recent developments in youtube I have too become in stuck in the muds of fear. I'm terrified to proceed with any of my video projects in fear that my dreams will be dashed before they even get started. This is a harsh reality. All we can do is try to stay positive and have our voices heard.

    ReplyDelete