Wednesday, November 27, 2013

"I'm On Vacation!"

If you haven't watched City Slickers, you should watch City Slickers.


My parents and I are down in El Paso, Texas for Thanksgiving. We're visiting my oldest brother's family. My second oldest brother, his girlfriend, my aunt, and uncle are also here.

It's fun to be talking with these people and catching up (me typing this while ignoring their conversations should be to some degree "ironic"), and it's great to get a break from college and work.

With me for my amusement are my trusty iPod, laptop, and my copies of The Hunger Games, The Lord of the Isles, and Super Mario Bros. 3: Brick by Brick. I also have my drawing tablet just in case I feel like drawing something. Also notebook with notes for a review script.

While I have read Brick by Brick before, I'm just reading the memoir portion of the book. To me, the memoir is the most interesting part of these sort of books (the same was the case in On Writing by Stephen King), especially when it's someone that I look up to, in a sense. I have been watching videos by Bob "Moviebob" Chipman for years now, ever since his eleventh Game Overthinker episode. Seeing this guy's rise in success was...inspiring, perhaps? He was one of the three people that got me into the reviewing 'scene; in the first place. If James Rolfe and Doug Walker wrote the own respective memoir/long-form essay books, I'd be completely onboard. I'd donate to the Kickstarter if I have to. I would want those books on my shelf on release day.

Speaking of reviews, I have taken notes on something so that I may write a Holiday review. Whether or not I will be completing the Rugrats Go Wild review anytime soon remains to be seen.

Honestly, I wish I was more confident about this. Apparently, my brother loves to tell people about my videos, which makes a part of me want to continue in some way.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment