Thursday, August 18, 2011

Modern Television is weird.

Could someone explain to me why shows like NCIS, CSI, Law & Order, et cetera are popular? You'd think with all the crazy stuff that happens in real life, people would be watching shows that involve escaping reality, but for some reason, people like watching dramatized versions of tragic local news stories.

Also, why are all of the teen dramas essentially the same shows with different filters? Is there some unwritten rule that if the topic of teen pregnancy isn't present, it isn't considered a high school drama?

Granted, I don't really watch TV anymore (I have MLP:FiM saved on my hard drive) and it's been a while since I watched Glee (I tend to rage when I do) but I'm still perplexed at the popularity of certain shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment