Monday, February 11, 2013

Camera One

It's been about two weeks since my return to the homestead, and I am sure of two things. 1) There's no fucking way I'm leaving the States ever again unless I have trustworthy companions to make the homesickness tolerable and remove loneliness from the equation. 2) I'm not entirely sure what I want to do next.

I have a myriad of options. Get a job, go to community college, look at better colleges, experiment with anything and everything to see what I like to do, et cetera. Obviously, I have a full life ahead of me to figure out what I truly desire to do, but for now I'm floating.

Concerning my review series, I have essentially over-complicated the show to the point of making it undesirable. I find it unnecessary to have three characters, neither of which have any differentiating character traits aside from outfits, to review anything, with snark or otherwise. Really, it just comes down to that word that I've discussed before: passion. And I can honestly say that my friend and co-writer shows more passion and interest in my reviews than I do as of late.


I realize that nearly every time I write one of these (at least the previous few times) I end up depressing myself and possibly the reader. I don't know, I guess I still have a lot to think over and deal with.

I've contemplated taking up a musical instrument or two and making some music, though that would involve figuring out how to write music.

As for the reviews, I would like to finish the convoluted Rugrats story arc before I decide anything further, but I'll need to actually film sometime.

On the whole, I don't know what I really want to do, but I certainly don't want to do absolutely nothing.

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with just starting with a clean slate. You should just keep up with the Cinematic Nutcase, and you could even keep the Brony reviews. If you need to go back to the basics, that is perfectly fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about turning your considerable critical talent towards books? The experience may give you new ideas on how to approach your reviews of film and television, or you may find that you like it altogether for its own sake.

    ReplyDelete