Sunday, January 27, 2013

Within a Mile of Home

I've decided that it would be best for me emotionally to go back to the States.

I intended to stay here until June, but considering how my being introverted and how that can be perceived by those around me, I end up being alone most of the time, and those around me don't want to associate with me because they think I don't want to associate with them.

But really, the reason I'm going isn't about my personality or my lack of social interaction. The reason boils down to one fact: I just don't want to be here. I want to be with friends. I want to talk with people who are on the same wavelength as I am and not just have it be on the computer.

So on Wednesday, I'm flying home. Hopefully, I may get some much-needed inspiration once I'm back in a familiar setting.

Although, just because I'm going back early does not mean I consider this a failure. I've certainly improved my German, I now a healthy supply of literature to help with further studies, and I have seen some beautiful sights. But I must go back, and have more misadventures with those I miss the most.

(keep in mind that I have a sort of flare for the dramatic at times)

And so ends another chapter of what I hope will be a long and interesting life.




No comments:

Post a Comment