Friday, January 18, 2013

Passion

It has been said countless times that one needs to be passionate in what they are doing in order to succeed. Often, I heard this sort of phrase in the context of acting and internet video making (both fields I have participated in). The phrase goes something like this, "if you wanna do something, you gotta be passionate about it, because there's a lot of competition out there." And there inlies the problem with me, the word passion.

Simply put, at this point, I don't really have much passion for anything, at least in something that become a source of income.

I don't know if it's this Germany trip that has messed with me, but at times I just don't feel like doing anything. I start a few things (drawing, writing, etc.) and I just lose interest. I could work through it, but I don't really want to.

I don't know what I'm doing when I get back to the States. I've planned on going into film editing, but I never bothered to do anything about it, like looking up different schools or applying for scholarships.

I guess every detail that I've just laid may stem from one problem. I just don't care, but I feel like I should. And as such, I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

That, or I'm just in one of my depressed moods again.

Or both.

"My goal is to not wake up at 40, with the revelation that I wasted my life in a job I hate because I was forced to decide on a career in my teens."

-Daria Morgendorffer

No comments:

Post a Comment