Friday, June 8, 2012

Block (Start Something New)

As of right now, I am writing three things: the script to a new Brony Nutcase vid, the script to the Rugrats Trilogy reviews, and a My Little Pony shipping fanfic.

So far, I've posted 2 chapters of the fanfic, and have made some progress on both of the scripts. The problem is I am now basically blocked on the scripts. The issue with the Rugrats script is that I haven't really thought through the motivation of the clown villain. I don't know how to write him interacting with the Cinematic Nutcase, and I'm now considering not to have him speak or interact with him at all, at least not in the first part.

Now that I think about, my problem with both scripts is that I don't really know where I'm going with them. Almost as if I have no idea what I'm doing.

I started watching Brad Jones' (The Cinema Snob) videos and I noticed that, alongside his 'character' series (Cinema Snob, '80s Dan, Kung Tai Ted), he has a video series called DVD-R Hell where he reviews bootleg DVDs. In the series, he doesn't have a character, he's just making fun of them as himself.

This got me thinking that I should probably try something like that. Instead of trying to write a bunch of characters watching something, I could just relax and write myself watching something and riffing on it. Maybe it could help me figure out what direction I want to go with the Nutcase series.

What do you guys think?

1 comment:

  1. I agree that you should just write what you honestly feel. Take care of the parts where it is just you and then go back and see if you have the other character interrupt (or something like that) and then react to their appearance the way you would. Maybe you could just have the clown character silently messing with you throughout the view kinda like that Daffy Duck cartoon where the artist keeps changing things? Just an idea! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete