Saturday, December 8, 2012

On My Own

Way back earlier this year, before I came to Germany, I remember going to a thrift store. I can't really remember why or what the context was for going there, I just remember being there with friends. Now that I think about it, it was probably around this time of year, so last Holiday season then.

Anyway, we were hanging out at the thrift store (probably because someone was buying presents) and there was a part of the store that really intrigued me (aside from the VHS section). In the back of the store, there was furniture. Really cheap furniture. Like, I could've gotten a fairly decent (if a bit 90s-looking) couch for the same price of a Wii game. Really, $50-60 for a couch, and $20-40 for a armchair.

For some reason, just knowing that there are places that sell furniture for cheap made me feel not so afraid of my evident departure from my parents' home and finding a place of my own. I guess it's one of those "one-less-thing-to-worry-about" sort of deals.

Anyway, I'm off to go see Ralph reicht's (German Wreck-It Ralph).

No comments:

Post a Comment