Friday, September 13, 2013

And then stuff happens...

So, on Monday, I had orientation at my community college, so I got to schedule myself some classes and fun stuff like that. I will be starting in a few weeks.

On Tuesday, I had my wisdom teeth removed. I'm amazed at how much I remember. I remember the doctor telling me that I will get the sleepy meds (anesthesia) "momentarily", and the last thing I recall before I went under was inhaling and thinking "Oh, there it is." Next thing I remember was waking up to various hit songs from the '80s. I'm pretty sure I started mouthing out the words to "Take Me Home Tonight" by Eddie Money. I think I also corrected the nurse when "You Spin Me Right Round" was playing; she thought it was by Flo Rida, I said "no, Dead or Alive". Amazing how even under anesthesia, I'm still a know-it-all. :3

For the past few days, I've been taking my meds, and I've actually been pretty productive when it comes to writing. Maybe the medication has mellowed me out somewhat.

Anyway, yesterday, our German-speaking guests arrived. They'll be staying with us for a month. It's fun, because I get to use my German. I should get back to reading or watching my German stuff. I have movies, books, and manga. Usually what happens is I read and then look something up in the German-English dictionary every...five sentences, or so. I've been trying to read K-ON!. Auf Deutsch. So ja.

Excuse me. My brain is tired, on meds, and trying to understand German, so I'm a bit loopy.

Here's a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment