Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Full Day

Last Saturday, I went to my local Blockbuster (yes, we still have one of those) and rented three movies: Batman: Under the Red Hood, Clue, and Men Who Stare at Goats. I didn't actually get to watching them until today, which was when they were due, so I had a nice marathon.

Batman: Under the Red Hood

I'm not too crazy about the animation design of this one. It reminds me too much of the bland, dead-eyed, Canadian-animated cartoons that plague German kids' networks (like this for example). Actually, it probably resembles the Young Justice TV show a bit more; a little more stylized and shaded, and having slightly more expression in the eyes.

What I do like about this is the voice acting. Bruce Greenwood (Thirteen Days), Jensen Ackles (Supernatural), John DiMaggio (Futurama, Adventure Time), Jason Isaacs (Avatar: The Last Airbender, the Harry Potter series), and Neil Patrick Harris (Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, How I met Your Mother) all give good performances. And really, just the fact that THIS is our cast still floors me.

Very well done. Short and sweet.

Clue

Long story short (too late), someone made a movie based off of a board game, and it didn't suck. It's hilarious, and I want more movies with multiple endings.

Men Who Stare at Goats

So this is loosely based off of a non-fictional book written by a guy who interviewed to former members of the "First Earth Battalion". It's a weird one. What I find odd is that it seems as if everyone here is type-casted. George Clooney, Jeff Bridges, and Kevin Spacey basically play the kind of roles you would expect them to. Ewan McGregor is the audience avatar. And Robert Patrick was in here somewhere, but I'm still not sure who he played.

It's pretty bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment