Saturday, March 24, 2012

Film Connections

I haven't been watching movies lately. At all. Part of it is because of lack motivation or interest but part of it is also because I would rather spend my time on the internet watching other, more eloquent, more intelligent people talking about movies





To be honest, I'm actually more interested in the imdb resumés then the actual movies. I really like drawing connections between movies that nothing to do with each other except for some overlapping actors. For example, just last weekend, I went over to my girlfriend's and we watched a film adaption of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Nights' Dream. The actors in this film included Kevin Kline (Phoebus from Disney's Hunchback), Michelle Pfeifer (Catwomen from Batman Returns), Calista Flockhart (Ally McBeal), Stanley Tucci (Dr. Erskine from Captain America), Sam Rockwell (Zaphod Beeblebrox from Hitchhikers' Guide), and Christian Bale (Jack Kelley from Newsies)

Another great movie for this is Cowboys & Aliens, I still haven't seen the movie, but you can get lost on imdb for days.

Which reminds me, apparently, The Avengers isn't the first film to have both Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson, that honor belong to The Perfect Score.

Just looking up the cast of Friendship is Magic alone sends you into a deep rabbit hole.

This is why I rattle off entire lists of movies and TV shows whenever a fairly recognizable voice actor shows up in the movie. This is also why I would spend hours upon hours watching Cinemassacre's Monster Madness than just under 2 hours watching a movie. I absolutely love how everything is connected.

One college I'm thinking of attending has a B.A. in "Film Studies" which is best if you're wanting to be a film critic or a film historian. I should probably look up what a film historian does, because that seems a bit more up my ally.

One more thing, I finally watched Best Worst Movie, the documentary on the so-bad-it's-good cult film Troll 2. Apparently, the guy who played Arnold ("OH MY GOOOOOOOD") was somewhere in the movie Unaccompanied Minors, which starred comedian Lewis Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment