Monday, August 20, 2012

Radio Silent

I've kind of kept silent for the past two weeks, if you haven't noticed. I'm not too sure why, I guess I just needed time to get into the swing of things before I finally felt like working on something. And believe me, I WANTED so badly to get back to work on fanfics (at this point, I'm really considering taking an axe to the damn Rugrats Trilogy script, epic revisions ahead), but for some reason, I didn't feel like doing anything, aside from watching random videos and looking through Tumblr (incidentally, it's been one helluva week for the Owl City fans, but that's another story and shall be told another time).



I just started my third week of school here; I'm still having trouble understanding and speaking, but apparently that's normal for the first three months. I got the news that I'll will be switching to a different host family, the main issue being that I wasn't communicating. It's kinda funny how keeping your trap shut can still bite you in the ass, even minorly so (I essentially screwed it up by not talking enough). So I'll go to a new family at the end of the month. Oh joy.

Here's the low down of the German stuff I have right now:

DVDs
- Negima!? Vol. 1 & 2
- Sherlock season 1
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
- WALL-E
- The Social Network
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Manga
- Negima: Magister Negi Magi Vol. 1
- Fairy Tail Vol. 1 & 2
- Black Butler Vol. 1
- Naruto Vol. 1
- The Manga Bible (it was a birthday gift, I guess I could read it and discuss it with my brother; he's an Army chaplin)

Books
- Die Unendliche Geschichte (The Neverending Story in its original text)
- Preußen ohne Legende (Prussia Without Legends, it's a Prussian history book)
- Der Tod in Venedig (Death in Venice, it's by Thomas Mann)
- A Mighty Fortress (one of the only non-WW2 books on German history I found at Half Price Books)

So yeah, eventful so far. Now to get back to work. Thank you for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment