Thursday, October 17, 2013

Soul Eatober - Episode 27

"800 Years of Bloodlust"

The battle with Giriko (a strong independent chainsaw who don't need no meister) continues with Maka getting paralyzed, Crona being a nervous fighter (without the madness), a spider witch reviving, and Justin (the Death Scythe voiced by Eric Vale) showing up and being badass. Also, some more madness with Stein, kind of.

Apparently, the spider witch, Arachnae (because of course) was the "mother of weapons", meaning she was experimenting with things and people and honestly, I'm kind of tired, so I don't really care about the explanation of things. Once you bring in shapeshifting people and magic-using witches, my brain goes "okay, wizard did it. got it". That's all I need to know. Maybe there are people who are really interested in the mechanics of all this, but really, I'm not in the mood to give a shit about anything beyond my characters learning stuff or being funny..

Soul seeing other weapons being able to fight on their own is pretty interesting. It gives him a new thing to strive for. So basically, anything that actually involves character emotions is interesting.

Also, new ending theme, "Batsou Yume Uta". This one isn't really my taste. Actually, my initial thought was "I'm never complaining about 'Style' ever again". I liked "Style", my only problem with it wasn't really "with it", it just didn't fit the tone most of the time (except once, and it was glorious). This one probably does fit more with the tone of the show, it just isn't the kind of music I would really like. Maybe it'll grow on me, maybe not. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment