Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Soul Eatober - Episode 36

AND ANOTHER THING: Is Soul actually gonna learn how to fight without Maka? That was a thing he was worrying about 9 episodes ago, and it hasn't been touched upon since. Is this coming up somewhere in the remaining 14 episodes, or do I need to read the manga for this? Kind of silly to bring up something and never mention it again.

"Unleash the Seven's Resonance Link"

The Seven, huh? Personally, I prefer Team Black Blood. I guess that name would be them including Crona and Ragnarok

Anyway, Soul starts playing the piano in his soul (I guess?) and does the resonance link thing and basically everyone does their Super Saiyan move and beats the shit out of Mosquito. In the end, he skips off with Brew. OR DOES HE?! While the DWMA thinks they failed the mission, Mosquito brings "Brew" to Arachne with the news that it doesn't work. Arachne says that the information that Arachnophobia has Brew is enough to frighten their enemies. So, kind of like if North Korea said they have nuclear weapons and no one else knew that they don't work. HOWEVER, it turns out Medusa had Eruka and the Mizune sisters pull the Ol' Switcheroo, so she actually has the real Brew.

At one point, Medusa says "I still have Crona spying for me. Have you forgotten?" What a coincidence, I was thinking the same thing yesterday.

Also a thought from yesterday I should repeat: What the fuck is going on with the demon in Soul's mind? Is this piano playing nonsense metaphor or not? Or is this like Psychonauts? I guess it would be considering the nonsense Maka went through with Soul and Crona an arc-and-a-half ago. I still have no idea if the red demon is supposed to be a bad thing or a good thing or some necessary evil BS.

Medusa also explains that the magic snake in Marie that speeds up Stein madness is gonna make him bat-shit insane when he goes into battle and has to resonate with Marie. So the plot thickens. Weeeee.

Considering the pattern of episodes, I would be surprised if the next episode isn't a light-hearted comedy thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment