Thursday, October 10, 2013

Soul Eatober - Episode 16

"Fierce Battle Aboard the Ghost Ship"

For an episode with that title, only about a third of the episode really relates to it.

After Death the Kid and Crona/Ragnarok duke it out for a bit and Crona/Ragnarok fly off, the episode then proceeds to show us Maka being an adorable angry partner (because the term "girlfriend" is technically inaccurate), Medusa being conniving and cool and every moment she's on screen I fall in love with her as a villain, Dr. Stein being the badass smartass he is and oh my god half of my list of favorite characters is gonna be people from this show at this rate.

It's another one of those "the plot thickens" episodes and it has some choice moments for all of the characters involved, particularly Dr. Stein.

The character of Mira Nygus is introduced. It would be interesting to see more of her, and according to the Soul Eater Wiki, she does, I think.

The new ending theme "Style" is kind of interesting to me. It's like the first three episodes had an opener that got you PUMPED and then they had a closer that got you PUMPED again. Now, they have the same opening, but then switched out the closer with a calmer, more soft pop sort of sound that makes me wonder if it really fits the show's tone. It's kinda like when I watched the first episode of Free! and the rocking, pumped up opener starts and I'm like "for an anime that I sort of had in my mind as K-ON! but with swimming and guys, I'm not sure what I expected from the intro. Certainly not that, but I like it." And that's sort of how I feel about "Style": wasn't expecting that, but it's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment